MarnsMarauders MsM United Offensive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Dealing with anger
A Godly Life Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:54 am by Marn

» A Godly Life
A Godly Life Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:34 am by {MsM}GOA.Pun

» 100% FREE online Bible
A Godly Life Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 9:12 pm by unclefrank

» Introduction
A Godly Life Icon_minitimeSat Oct 15, 2011 2:08 pm by {MsM}GOA.Pun

A Godly Life

2 posters

Go down

A Godly Life Empty A Godly Life

Post  Marn Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:19 am

Fellas in a day when we have a desperate need for godly folks in our homes,at work,among friends,As leaders in this country and even in a Game like COD.I want to give a few characteristics of a godly man.
We could look in a bunch of passages in scripture to see this,but 1 sticks out to me more than most.The very first psalm gives us a wonderful decription of what a godly man looks like,acts like and thinks like.
First,the person orders his life around godly counsel: Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly.(v1) A man who follows the lord with his whole being does not want to seek advice from others just because they are successful. A godly person is not to proud to to seek advice or to self centered to ask. he understands that he can still learn and that there is much he doesn't know. He wants to to dip into the well of godly advisement.
Second, A godly person seeks friends with fellow believers,not with the lost"nor stands in the path of sinners(v1) That does not mean he does nnot have friendships with unsaved people because he knows being a friend is part of bringing them to Christ. But I believe the Bible means that godly man's closest friends are believers.
Third.the godly person gets enjoyment,encouragment, and refreshment from the word of God:" But his delight is in the law of the lord" (v2) he loves the Bible more than television,his hobby,a Magiazine or a Game. He delights in the word of God. The godly person meditates on the word: "And in His law he meditates day and night"(v2) Meditation is chewing on what you just read. It is differant from memorizing. Meditation asks questions such as. What did this just tell me about God?What did this just tell me about Jesus? What did this just tell me about about myself? What do i need to change? How does it apply to my Work and my friends,my home,My clan.

fellas I have been studying with liberty U for a while and thought I'd share a lil with you. I hope This doesn't offend anyone,it sure isn't meant to. I pray it will help you to take a look at yourself and see if you are following Jesus the way he wants you to. When someone sees you,do they see Jesus in you? Or do they just see you? I pray for you all every day. Jesus Loves you all and so do I

Marn/Steve.

Marn

Back to top Go down

A Godly Life Empty Re: A Godly Life

Post  {MsM}GOA.Pun Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:34 am

Awesome Marn, I can see we have a lot of work to do because we did not get the same responses as we did on 1.3 when it was posted. But the Lord goes where he wishes and opens and closes the doors as he desires. Thanks for posting it over here brother.

God bless you man.

{MsM}GOA.Pun
Admin

https://msmuo.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum